8.16.2007
Dream Day at Galaxy
This is Christian here! I wanted to let you know about the great time I had at the LA Galaxy game. My dad and I got to go on Tuesday and Saturday and each day we watched 2 games. The first day I was asked to walk the players out on to the field, but I was nervous, but then my dad explained it to me, but it was too late. Luckily I was asked again on Saturday and I said YES!
I was able to walk out with the Suwon team - they are from Korea. The players liked my hair and they rubbed it for good luck. When we walked out there was loud music playing - I felt like I was really part of Premiership. I got a blue Adidas official Suwon jersey and during half time I was able to play soccer on the real Galaxy field!
We watched Chelsea from the English Premier League and on Saturday they played the Galaxy. It was a great game and Chelsea won 1-0. It was David Beckham's first game with the Galaxy and we weren't sure if he was going to play because of his ankle, but with 15 min. to go out he came and it was AWESOME!
There were a lot of famous people at the game and I even think I saw his wife Victoria Beckham through a glass window with my binoculars.I'm glad my dad took me to the games - it was one of my favorite things this summer.
I started training last week for my Club soccer team - and it seems like it will be a great year (we get awesome jerseys and bags and I want to be #7 because Beckham's official number in England, is 7). Maybe after my mission I can play professional soccer on USA. I hope you like the slide show - at the end are a couple of pictures of David Beckham.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow Christian, you are a lucky guy! It sounds like you had a great time with your dad! Thanks for telling us all about it!
p.s. Tell your mom she should cut her hair like Victoria's!
I felt like I was right there with you Christian! When Tanner gets home from school I will have him check this out! How fun that you got to actually go one the field and that your head was rubbed like a lucky charm. Post a picture in your club team jersey.
Way to go, Christian! Your slide show is pretty impressive - I need to see you in action again!
christian, you have an impressive vocabulary. maybe i can come take pictures at a few of your games this year.
Post a Comment