8.12.2007

Staying Put!

I know you have all been anticipating the Galaxy and Chelsea Soccer update. However, my gallivanting son Christian has been missing the last couple of weeks on various outings. Right now he is enroute home from a weekend with my parents to San Diego. This coming week I will have him sit down and dictate a play by play of the AWESOME time at the professional games.

************************

As previously mentioned - with our new addition we were feeling a bit cramped, so we were toying with the idea of moving - nothing BIG or extravagant, just something with a little more space. Brandon and I talked and talked about it, Aunt Linda took us out to view homes, & then we decided we have a good thing right where we are. We love our quite neighborhood, being across the street from Christian and Elyse's schools, as well as the fact that this is our 1st home and we truly love it.

Yes, the kids bedrooms aren't huge, but their closets sure are so we are making the closets the place to be - Elyse now has a 'clubhouse'/reading lounge in her closet and Christian has his wardrobe neatly arranged and is sharing it with Grant's clothes - as well as a bookshelf full of books, legos, and a ton of shoes - yes, he is my son. In the next few weeks we will move Grant into Elyse's room where his crib will be jammed into a corner of the room - don't worry the pink and flowers ALL over her room will not hurt him - because his brother already has a plan, Grant only goes in to the room when it's bed time and his crib bedding is green and brown to offset the green and pink. It will work for the time being until we find a house that we really love and feel good about moving.

We are trying to make small updates to the rest of the house as well. We bought 4 new barstools, have hung a few more knick knacks, are re-doing the ducky bathroom into a cool sand & surf bathroom in browns and blues, we are looking for a new entry door, and picking a color to repaint the house trim. Next on the list is to paint a wall in our room and possibly lay tile in our bathroom. However, Brandon is afraid of manual labor and insists on hiring someone. (I love you honey.) I am insisting that we can do it ourselves, otherwise I am inviting my brother in-laws Rich and Jordan down to hijack Brandon and force him to do it with their help!

Sorry for the boring blog - If anyone has great decorating ideas or can think of a quote for me to use on my office wall please pass it along.


5 comments:

lacey said...

Hey- I have always loved your home. Staying put is always easier. I hate moving. Take some pictures of the re-dos! Miss you!

Mandee said...

I was wondering where you went! How fun to redo your house!

We are still trying to pick out a backsplash for our kitchen, I asked Aaron if I needed to find someone to do it.. he said he was brave enough to do it himself. Which means it will never get done. So I say... we should both hire someone.

Rich said...

I love your house too! I hope you stay there for a long time. The guys would probably come if the date is right!! We can't wait to see you guys. Will you come for Labor Day?

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

We love your house as well!

Stephanie - consider doing the tile yourself! You may be surprised how do-able it is. Based on our experience with tile, do as much research on it beforehand, so you aren't left fixing little mistakes.

We're looking forward to seeing the updates - and let us know when you're ready to do tile and we'll help!

Peter FNFN said...

yea...count me in to help you with the tile. NOT! haha. i'm only home for like 10 hours every 3 months... i can't afford to be stuck in a corner of your bathroom all day! haha. jk - if that's what's happening in Btown, i'm there!