I have this strange fascination with a show on A&E called Intervention. For the past few years I have enjoyed being a voyeur inside the lives of those who struggle with addictions. Brandon thinks I'm weird, but he usually ends up watching along side me. The addictions range from Bulemia, to Drugs, Alcohol, OCD, etc. I feel for each person who they follow and always hope for the best when they enter treatment. Well, I think I might have gained a little insight into how a drug addict who can't get their fix fast enough feels - you all know that I HAD an addiction to Dr. Pepper and I have pretty much kicked that, only to my flavor of choice is at Wal-Mart - ugh! However, the price is right - actually it had been $2.00 for 10 packets and it recently went up to $2.50, but that beats my BFF's neighborhood store who carries them for $4.79/10 - ouch, then again, I'm addicted and if needs be, I would spend the $4.79! Anyhow - getting back to my comparison to being a crack addict - I usually keep 3-4 boxes of Energy on hand, just to be safe. So about a week and a half ago I realized I was down to my last box - during my daily errand run I stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few boxes, NOTHING! A couple of days later I checked back, still NOTHING! We head to the Bay area for the weekend and I have 1/2 a box left - it's ok, I can handle it. Monday I stopped off again at Wal-Mart and this time I ask the manager over food if they are still carrying this flavor - she checks her handy computer and tells me that she shows 11 packets, they must be on a pallet in the back - she would make a note to have the stockers pull it. By Tuesday I have used the last box, as well as the packets stashed in my car glove box, my purse(s) - and I am starting to panic a bit. Tuesday night after the kids and I met my mom for ice cream, I drag them into Wal-Mart - again, NOTHING! The stockers obviously did not understand the urgency of the note. Wednesday and Thursday I had to get by on plain H2O, lemonade and raspberry lemonade crystal light (which doesn't have the fix of Energy) - I am about to call out of state family and friends to get me my fix. I woke up Friday morning resolved that I would track it down - I would drive to the Rosedale Wal-Mart if I had to. I packed Grant in the car for one last try at my local Wal-Mart - first of all it was extra crazy and yikes in there, maybe because it was still the 1st part of the month??? I drove my cart fast and deliberate to my needed aisle and alas it was there!!!! There were 9 boxes and I grabbed them all - the Wal-Mart employee just stood there and stared at me. I turned the cart around and walked straight to the checkout stand - purchased the goods and drove straight home to grab my water bottle and my glass full of ice - shaking all the while. Oh, it was so good! I have had 3 of them today! Please no judging me - just beware, if you try it you will be hooked too! Two of my BFF's have come to my dark side and left Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke all together. I can't believe I am responsible for 2 more people's addcitions???? However, please DO NOT contact A&E's Intervention - I am not ready to enter treatment!

12 comments:
I love you and hate you for introducing me to Energy. But mostly, love you cause it's so good, so convenient, and so refreshing. And yes... so addicting.
You are a nerd. But you make me laugh!!! I am glad that Walmart came through for you in the end!!
Oh did you notice the couple on Intervention and the dad's lounging on the couch in his undershirt outfit. Well Utah's intervention will be followed by who knows what next. This is after all the second one in a row from Zion. Love you tons you crazy woman.
Dang - that's the only one I missed! I saw the last few minutes, but didn't realize they were from UT?? I did see the one before that had 2 people from UT - the OCD guy and the Hair Dresser! AH!
I totally watch that show too and I saw the couple from Utah. You could see the Y on the mountain as they drove away in their vans on the way to rehab. Somtimes it's hard to watch but I am always hopeful that they can turn it around.
Thanks for the tip Steph... I'll be sure to buy a few boxes for myself.... I'm bored of all the other flavors... haven't tried the energy ones yet!!! Don't worry.... I won't bother intervening... I've done enough of that in my life already!!!! Stay addicted... and be happy!
I've started looking for it.... I drink the same concept but in Propel. Kiwi Strawberry or Berry flavor. MAYBE yours is better? I'm looking....
I love Intervention! I will have to try the Energy Crystal Light.
You are hilarious. Recognition is the first step to recovery.
But if you are going to be addicted to something, cystal light is a pretty good way to go.
"I believe in Crystal light, because I believe in me." That's just inspirational.
As for the show, I've never seen it. I only watch things that I tivo anymore (and cartoons) I'll have to consider adding it to my todo list.
HAHAHA your countdown to nursery almost made me choke on my Pepsi (Pepsi for breakfast is the BEST! Pure liquid gold.) But seriously HOW FUNNY!!
I have to admit that I liked Crystal Light for a short time as well! Then Jordan informed me that it has cancer-causing carcinogens; that knowledge might break you of the habit, who knows!
I like the Marriage widget you have and really love the nursery countdown! Grant always has the cutest faces!
You just got me hooked on the crystal light ENERGY and I'm LOVING it I was a BIG BIG B IG DRm Pepper drinker... and now I have stoped drinking so much of it and I drink one D P a day but I'm hooked on this thank for sharing!! love ya the little kido are getting big and Look so CUTE
Post a Comment