9.30.2008

Ready for Fall

I am ready for this 95 + weather to be gone. I am ready for it to cool down. I am ready to wear my warmer wardrobe. I am ready to decorate in orange and browns. I am ready for it to get dark earlier. Of course - by February/March I will be ready for Spring!

Anyhow, did I mention that I have a bulldozer semi-permanently attached to me at all times? My precious little Grant, is not so little - he is a whopping 29 pounds! Can I just tell you that lifting and carrying him has been a chore for several months, but the past month it has been nearly impossible - unless I want to inflict pain on myself. He is a bundle of energy and joy - pure happiness! He makes people tired just by watching him run around and climb up every vertical surface. He makes me fall into bed each night ready for sleep. I am not sure if it's because I am older this time around, or if it's because he feels the need to keep up with Christian and Elyse, or if it's just that he is already in training to become a linebacker on the football team - but he is BUSY! The countdown is on for him to enter Nursery!!!! He is going to love it, but I hope the other kids aren't scared by him? There are times when he chases after his friends in a friendly/loving manner, but they are running as fast as they can, like Frankenstein is on their tail. I often have people ask if my other children were that big at his age - I just smile and say no. He is truly one of a kind and a keeper!! This is a sneak peek of Grant as a monkey!

I am stealing this from my sister Nikki's blog, but I absolutely love this quote from the RS Broadcast: Lucky are we to be women and to have a distinct honor to be a wife and mother.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Okay, that is the CUTEST little monkey I have ever seen in my entire life!!! I want to squeeze those cheeks SO badly!

Mandee said...

I LOVE him! Can't wait to see him again... so he can NOT want me to hold him.

Loved that quote.

Peter FNFN said...

put that monkey in a priority mail envelope and SHIP HIM MY WAY!

and ENOUGH with the word verifier thingy just to post a comment! gggrrr

Urmston Family said...

I know what you mean by just watching and you are tired. Drew started school and we thought he would be so tired when he got home. No way. Yard looks great and by the way I like hand me downs :) although your size would do me no good. Hope you are feeling better. ~

Papa Randy said...

Very cute little monkey and very nice quote.

Tamara Atkin said...

Thanks so much for saying Hi. The last time I saw you was at BYU before either of us were married. Unless you came to my little Bako wedding reception. I hate to admit this but I didn't recognize your picture and didn't know who's blog I was looking at until I saw Stephanie written at the bottom. Even then I clicked on the mom & dad link for verification. Now that we are all settling down into the same stage of life, perhaps we can all re-acquaint ourselves through blogs. I hope to get together with many of the old gang hopefully next summer in Bako. I'll let you know.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Grant is so cute - his tugging at the costume makes me smile! Warren likes the little monkey, too! Oh, BTW, Warren was about 25 lbs. at that age too. Grant, you are one chunky monkey!!