9.29.2008

Our Weekend Getaway

No, Brandon and I didn't head out on a couples getaway. We packed up the family and headed to the Bay area (which is where we were headed 3 weeks ago when we had our accident) and this time we made sure Brandon had his wallet and we didn't make a pit stop at Sonic. We made it there with no casualties - unless you consider how SORE Brandon and I were after the 4 hour car ride. Our new car is AWESOME - so much room for the kids to stretch out, easy for me to climb into the back to find the pacifier(s) that Grant enjoyed tossing, and BEST or WORST (depending on who you ask) Radio Disney on XM - we counted airplay of Lovebug by the Jonas Brothers OVER 20 times on our trip up/back. I don't know how long I am going to handle Radio Disney - I think I may have to set a limit on how long it can play per week.
We enjoyed hanging with the Holladay's - swimming for the kids, movies for the dad, and shopping for the mom!!! Can I just tell you how much I love to SHOP - especially outside of Bakersfield. I visited 2 J. Crews, 2 Banana Republics, 2 Gap Kids, 2 Apple Stores, etc. I made some great purchases and scored some major deals! As of this morning I was cleaning out my closet to make room for the new goods - let me know, I might have something you'd be interested in having, that is if you like hand me downs!

By the way - for those of you who have been waiting for photos of our newly remodeled backyard - here you go: We had cement walkways poured around the house, a 4 foot retaining wall with beautiful steps going up to the upper yard, and a tiered side wall. We also had a stamped cement path laid that leads to 2 cement/paver areas for a bbq and seating. We also gained some lovely trees and flowering bushes as well as some great mulch that doesn't fly away or fade with the sun. The best part is that we gained 5 to 6 feet of grass on the lower area and the upper yard is now useable - no more little boys sliding down the dirt slope!!

5 comments:

Mandee said...

Beautiful yard! I love it!

Jealous of your shopping trip. Should I be interested in your hand-me-downs? Anything good?

Heidi and Rich said...

You are a nut? Where do you get the energy and the funds to keep up with your shopping habits? You know I am always open to hand me downs - bring 'em on. The yard looks really nice too!!

Carla said...

The yard looks awesome!

Brittnee said...

Thanks for looking at my blog. I am sad to say that I currently don't have beanies for older girls. I have been working on getting them, but they have been out of stock for a while. Check back often because I do hope to have them soon.
Thanks,
Bug's Bowtique

D-dawg said...

Wow- beautiful yard!! And yes, shopping in WC is the best.