My adorable father in law is one of the most giving and thoughtful people I know - if I am visiting his home for the weekend, he stocks up on my favorite beverage and gossip magazines. If I mention I am interested in reading a certain book, it's on my bed that evening or in the mail to my house. If I comment on an up and coming musical artisit - you guessed it, I have a new cd. Well, when I was up there at Thanksgiving I told him I had gone against my better judgment to see New Moon with a group of girls and had hurried through the DVD of Twiglight prior to the New Moon showing and in passing I told him I was trying to get into the Stephenie Meyer's series, just so I could understand what my friends were all intrigued with. Well before that weekend was over I was the proud new owner of a large Encyclopedia on Vampires. He wanted to make sure I was up to date on the newest Vampire news - thanks Johnny!!
Because I want to share the wealth with you beautiful Bella fans - this Encyclopedia can be yours! All you have to do is leave a comment letting me know who and why you like better - Edward or Jacob! You have until Friday at 6 pm to enter the give away. For those who want to share a comment as to why they aren't fans of Twilight and the gang - leave that to, maybe there will be a giveaway for you too!!
12 comments:
I'm not a Twilight fan because:
A) Stephanie Meyer isn't a very talented writer
B) Twilight is for 12 year old girls
C) I have better things to do-- like play World of Warcraft (HAHAHAHA)
But I do like Harry Potter so I guess I'm still a nerd.
I have read all the books. They are OK. I went to the midnight premier of the 1st 2 movies. Again, they were OK. Like most things, the books are actually better than the movie. If I had to choose, I would pick Jacob!! Just because he's cuter in real life! Thanks Steph!
Come on people!! They are great movies, they won't win any awards but they are entertaining and romantic. The books are intriguing and addictive, i love Edward, probably because of his love and devotion. Its really a lovely story when you get down to it.
I didn't care for the series either, even though I did read all four. haven't seen the movies, and probably won't. If I had to choose, I'd pick Jacob because he has a tan. I like tans.
I enjoyed Stephanie Meyers "The Host" lots more. Bella just bugged. So whiney.
I'm with Carla. I love Harry Potter.
And I really don't want to win an encyclopedia on vampires, so if I win, you can give it to Carla. ;)
I read them, loved them while I was reading them. Saw the movies, will see the new one, but i am not a fanatic about it. I don't want the book either. Really, I just want to know what Mandee posted that you had to delete?
What an AWESOME father-in-law! That is just the nicest when people pick up on little things like that and then honor you in that way. I have not read or seen any of the hyped movies/books, but I'm always curious about these things. What did you think? I enjoy a good escape novel now and then.
Re: Karrie's comment
I don't want the encyclopedia on vampires either... NO THANK YOU!
Oh come on people! I want to win it. I read the books and loved them and saw the movies. They were fun.
Haven't read them or seen the movies.
Why?
-No time
-No interest in Vampire love stories
-Prefer to read nursing textbooks?...NOT!
I'm with Karrie and Carla. Harry Potter!!! and if you haven't read the Percy Jackson series, do it! Me and the boys love them. Best thing since Harry Potter, seriously! Just don't compare them to the movie, I heard they're nothing alike.
I'm feeling so alone here and I'm late posting this (which is ok bc I don't really want your give away either - sorry :)) but seriously, am I your only friend that loved the Twilight series? I will say the movies weren't great, the last book was lame, but even so, it is so fun (and yes, nerdy) to be apart of the craze! Also, a really good excuse to have a few girls night outs! These were the first books I had read in a few years and they reminded me that I do love to read. So, I got something more than just a "jacob" crush out of them! He He He
So - have you been waiting for the winner?? I guess not since you all dissed on my vampire encyclopedia. I wasn't trying to be divisive - it was all done in fun and games. But since some of you went there - I will too. I would definitely choose Twilight and gang over Harry and his Potters -
Post a Comment