1.08.2009

My Sassy Side

This post goes out to my sassy side - ELYSE!! She turned 5 yesterday and celebrated the day with grand delight. All day she floated on air and smiled at every corner. She was just so thrilled to be 5! This Friday she is having a Royal Celebration with all of her Princess Girlfriends - her 1st 'friend birthday party' She has been talking about this party since before she turned 3. What can I say about this girl - I LOVE HER!!
Some days I don't know where she came from and other days - it's obvious she is a mini-me! My mom reminds me often of how we are so alike - uh oh! On a regular basis random people stop us on the street, in stores, and ask - is her hair natural?? No, I spend 2 hours each morning prepping her curls! Yes it's natural and she has the spunk and sass to go with it.
She is the sweetest little mommy to all and loves being the older cousin to many, especially Miss Lucy. She tells me that Lucy will do whatever she does - so she needs to choose good! She has a sweet spirit and a feisty attitude that balance one another. She can get her daddy to do anything for her and his face lights up when she welcomes him home each day! She and Grandma Dayna are best buddies - she loves spending time with family and LOVES the attention!
She dances to her own song and twirls around each day with joy! She loves her beauty sleep and enjoys midnight cartoon sessions as well.
Elyse is an independent soul who will be somebody someday. She challenges me daily and encourages me often! She is one of my FAVORITE THINGS!

This post would have been posted yesterday but we were too busy and excited celebrating Elyse all day!!!

12 comments:

Carla said...

How sweet! Happy belated birthday to Elyse!!! She is a sweet, funny, sassy girl.

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Elyse!!!

Brown Family said...

Happy 5th Birthday Elyse! You are opening my eyes to the world of little girls. Have a SUPER fun princess party~

Tyler and Katy said...

Lucy is so excited for the princess party! She looks up to you and watches every move you make. We love you Elyse! Happy Birthday #5!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

We love to spend time with you. You are the perfect mix - thoughtful yet full of spunk! Happy 5th!

Mandee said...

Happy Birthday to Elyse!

lacey said...

I cannot imagine life without the likes of your Elyse- she sure does make life all the sweeter.

Johnsons Away said...

Happy Birthday Elyse, she is just too cute and sweet. I love the comment about being good so her cousin Lucy will be too. She is just amazing :)

DFN said...

Elyse is my favorite ELYSE -
I loved being at your party and seeing how well you were able to balance all of the little princesses and the excitement -
So glad you have enriched our lives for the last 5 years!

LOVE
GAMMA

Katie said...

I love these pictures! What an adorable little sweet heart! I miss her and seeing you. Hope everything is going well!

Brian said...

Wow, I can't believe she's already 5! Happy bday Elyse!

The Chris Jackson's said...

too cute. I can't believe she is that big. I haven't known you guys that long, but it just seems like yesterday that I moved into the ward and she was the cutest little girl with the bouncy blonde curls. :)