We are in search of a new car - more on that story later, but what I would like to solicit from each of you is what car you think our family should get!?! We have had an SUV the past 2 cars, 7 seats - my last car was lower to the ground, more of an SUV crossover and I liked that because the kids could open the doors and get in by themselves easily!! Lastnight Brandon and I perused the internet and looked at every make - including Subaru and Saturn, but nothing really stood out to me, but I was a tired, sore, and in a crabby mood, so???. I am open to Sedan's, SUV's, Wagon's, BUT NO MINIVANS!!! So, feel free to give your input.
THANKS!
8 comments:
I guess I won't comment, since I have a minivan! And love it. It's paid for. And I will drive it until it dies. (Or Jim kills it, so we can get something new)
Okay,
I am super biased on this issue. I have had the mini van and LOVED it with little kids. However, when we moved to Reno, I wanted 4x4 for the snow. So, we got a Chevy Suburban. I WILL NEVER GO BACK (okay, I hope I don't have to ever switch)! I love having a Suburban. I feel totally spoiled, as Bart just bought me a '08 (16k miles on it)...and they drive like a dream. They have made major improvements on it and it doesn't feel so much like a truck. I love all the space too. We have a bench for the middle row. That way we have more seating since we now have 4 kids. This also leaves us extra room for friends! LOVE THE ROOM IT HAS IN THE BACK. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. That's just my take on it...Nicole
Ryan told me a little about your wreck- hope you guys are okay. We recently got a new car. Our requirements were 1) no mini vans 2) good gas mileage and 3) holds 6 people. Hard to find, but we decided on a Mazda 5. It's our first non-Ford vehicle. I like it a lot. It's kind of a wagon, kind of a car- but with sliding doors like a mini van, and the kids can open the doors easily and not hot other car in the parking lot. It is smallish, but it works for us (after that big old van I thought I might have withdrawals- nope!) Good luck with your search- there are so many choices out there. oh- and I love how easy it is to park my car, and it handles very sporty like!
Kelly charges $200, let me know if you would like her to take pictures.
I'm still waiting for my invite to the Brown family blog...
but as for my opinion, I totally have one when it comes to cars. I have a testimony of Toyota/Lexus. They are reliable and true.
We have a Sequoia- going on 6 years, and I'd get another one in a heartbeat. But next time with bucket seats in the middle row.
But I am also a sucker for a wagon. I think the Audi wagon is about one of the best looking cars out there. But, it's not a Toyota/Lexus, so I don't know about reliability. Maybe if I were leasing.
And if I could get Aaron to say yes, I would choose the Lexus RX Hybrid... because if the truth be known, I hate carpooling anyway.
And lastly... minivans are smart. I wish I had enough guts to get one.
I think anything that can get you and your family around safely is fine. I don't think image matters much. But, that is just me.
We LOVE our Honda Pilot. Seats 8. Has really good turning radius, and no blind spots / good field of view. Gracie gets in and out by herself ... I don't know ... we just love it.
Stef,
There is a Honda Pilot in San Ramon I am sure the parents would love to sell to you. And you know you will get a good deal... you Are all about shopping for deals. Does that apply to cars as well as shoes? E
Post a Comment