7.28.2008

Post 49 - Only 51 More to Go

To date - there have been no accidents on the Vespa. Actually Brandon really enjoys it and has taken Christian to Scout Day Camp and Soccer Camp the past 2 weeks almost every day on it. It's fun to watch them ride down the street on it. I drove it around the neighborhood once and handled it well, but once I stopped I didn't realize how heavy it was and I couldn't keep it from tipping. No scratches.

Since last post this is what's gone down in our family: I either need to post more often, or jot things down, because I somehow forget lots - it's all the gray hair.
Took in Elyse's dance recital at the Fox Theater. Some of you may recall that last year her daddy and Christian couldn't attend because they were at Beckham's 1st Galaxy game. Elyse has reminded them ever since that their attendance is required and that they must give her flowers (last year all the girls received flowers/balloons and this year to top that we saw a grandma give her little ballerina a bobble head ballerina trophy - you have got to be kidding me!!) Elyse was fabulous, fantastic, fancy, and funny too! She had a fan club cheering her on - and we can't wait until her next recital.
Video of Elyse's dance to come later...

Tonight while I am hurrying around the house getting last minute stuff ready for Girls Camp - she is following me around to show me a Disney Princess TV that she needs. She proceeds to inform her dad and I that she is going to write up a contract so we will buy the TV for her. Where in the heck did she come up with that?? She sat there and wrote item by item what had to be agreed upon in the contract - Brandon signed on the X, I held out. However, it might be nice for her to have a TV in her room - I find her in my room constantly (I have resorted to locking my door and hiding the remote).

Christian won an archery award at Scout Day Camp and loved being with his Cub Scout friends - of course the Camp Shirt - baby blue with a juvenile teddy bear was enough to make him stay home, but he managed to wear it every day. Christian is in his 2nd week at CSUB for Soccer Camp - he LOVES it! Only one award was handed out last week - Camper of the Week - and guess who earned it - My Own Beckham. I forgot to mention in my previous post that we took in a Galaxy Game with Christian's Club Team in June - his team was able to participate in the Parade of Players at the beginning of the game. It was so much fun to watch the game with 2 of my favorite men. We left the two little ones home and made a day with just Christian. In honor of My Own Beckham I purchased an I Love DB shirt - it puts a smile on Christian's face.

The last photo is my 3 brothers at Kyle's graduation :)

Grant has acquired more bumps and bruises from climbing every surface in our home and backyard - including the steps of our 4 foot wall and then balancing across the wall. I went out to Babies R Us and purchased a gate to install at the foot of the steps in the backyard. I also noticed an attractive 'gate' that I could use to the entrance of my office. We installed it that night and it only took Grant 5 days to figure out how to open it. I now have to rig it to keep him out - next he will be scaling the gate. He has decided that naps are passe and is giving me a run for my money and energy. Here is the point where you can all judge me - go ahead, I don't care! On one of my weekly Target runs, I purchased a cute and cuddly monkey 'leash' for my little monkey. Of course Brandon told me that I would have to return it because no child of his would be subjected to such humilation - can't wait to see how daddy fares after a few days with Granty while I am at Girls Camp! (side note, I have yet to use the leash, but it is ready when needed).

I am looking forward to being up at Big Meadow the rest of this week - I love it up there. Of course I will miss my munchkins, but I know they will be taken care of. Thanks to all of you who are helping the Holladay family this week! I return home just in time to jump in the car and head to the Bay area to see my new niece Baby Kate be blessed. Then next week it's Tahoe!!!!

8 comments:

heymaughan said...

Big Meadow!!?? Oh the memories!

Sounds so fun--but I DON'T envy the windy drive up there! :)

Monica said...

Grant was great today! He even took a nice nap in the afternoon. Thanks for letting me borrow him this week. I'm sure you're having fun at Big Meadow. Maybe you can talk Brandon into coming up Labor Day Weekend!!

Carla said...

If it makes you feel any better you can call the leash the "monkey backpack" like we did haha. It was a complete lifesaver in crowded public situations. I bet by the time you come home, Brandon will have broken it in for you! But anyway, I love hearing about miss sassypants and her antics. And I LOVE that picture of grant at the gate... LOVE it!

Karrie said...

We have the same Monkey for Ed. I've gotten one or two comments since I started using a leash with Will. There is that age between walking and three years old where they are a hazard to themselves. Especially in parking lots. Safety first, and I have decided that the next time someone says how bad a leash is, I'm going to say "Tell that to his dead twin brother that ran out in front of a car!" and act all teary. Not the Christlike thing to do, lying and all, but maybe it'll shut up the dissenters.

Johnsons Away said...

You have been busy. I love her contrat, that is too funny. That's great that Christian got the award. I love the picture of Grant at the gate also. He is too cute. Now my one request is "Take me with you to Tahoe" :) What part of Tahoe are you going to? North or South?

Monica said...

I have to comment on the leash thing. I never had to use one, but us mommies have to do what is best for our children. Period! Who cares what anyone else thinks or says! I love Karrie's comment for people who have the nerve to judge ;)!

Shelly said...

We totally NEEDED a lease with our third one, too! Especially when you have three preschoolers - they are a lifesaver. And 25 years ago they weren't cute little monkey backpacks. I dare say those who are judging haven't "walked in your shoes" (or had to run frantically after a toddler in a public place)! See baby run! See Mommy run. Run, Mommy, run!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I loved the monkey backpack idea - but my husband scoffed as well. I'm eager to hear if it has been worn. I love the gate picture, Miss fancy pants & her contract & your ever so cool soccer star! We'll be in Bako in September - that just seems so far away!