5.21.2008

I Did It!

You will note that I have a new template - I did it all by myself (with some help from Jocelyn and encouragement from Lacey)! I am no pro - but I think it looks bright and cheery - just in time for summer!

Christian was in the 3rd grade School Spelling Bee this week and he did AWESOME!! It was a little nerve wracking knowing he was going to head to head with friends/classmates, along with a girl named Jennifer Pusavat (she took 1st place, surprise, surprise). It went well over 20 rounds and my son was composed and professional throughout the entire competition - we were a little nervous because sometimes he shows his emotions too quick and easily, but he was great! His little girlyfriend, Alexis, spelled her word correctly, but due to a microphone issue when they asked her to respell it - she spelled it wrong and got out - it was a sad sight to watch her leave the stage, Christian felt bad for her. That's the high for the week, the low might be his talent show number (drawing on stage) with his friend Gabriel - we tried talking him into changing his routine to a soccer exhibition, but he said Gabriel can't play soccer, but he can draw so I think we should stay with drawing - they will be drawing objects while the Aquabats CD is playing in the background - I will let you know how it goes! ;)
Did I tell you about Christian's new sunglasses? I haven't - well they are classic Christian style and he loves to wear them. So much so that he wore them the entire field trip to the Science Museum and IMAX a couple of weeks ago - the entire group of students and parents spent the day calling him Ice Man from Top Gun. When he's not watching (because I don't want him to 'pose') I will snap a shot of him in his shades and post a photo.
I am almost weaned from Dr. Pepper - the fizz is not really appealing to me anymore. Crystal Light packets on the other hand are my new best friend - they quench my thirst. If you happen to be out and about and see a new flavor of CL to go - pick some up for me to try!

Og - I forgot, my post was supposed to be about the THINGS I LOVE. That will be this weekend while I am enjoying myself in the Bay area - hanging out, going to the Temple, and SHOPPING!!

8 comments:

Carla said...

Super cute template! I'm glad to see another post, I thought we were gonna have to wait a month.

Thirstin' for Thurstons said...

WOW!! thats amazing, your on your way to 100!

Heidi and Rich said...

It turned out cute. I'll have to try it when I am there in Bako.

Jane said...

The new look is so cute! Maybe I should stop being so lazy and do mine-but just posting keeps me busy enough!
Can't wait to see pics of Christian with his sunglasses. Uh, I mean Ice Man :)

Mandee said...

Christian is so cool! Love the new look! I think it's time to change mine up. I'm bored with it.

Janna said...

Hi Stephanie-
I need a guest speaker for our ward's Young Women and you keep coming to my mind. Would be you willing to teach a lesson on July
6th? Will you be in town? I would love to have you come and speak. We have a guest speaker come in every Fast Sunday to teach the 3rd hour. Let me know.
Thanks!
jhartfam@hotmail.com

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Christian looks completely Top Gun in his glasses. We love observing his style...we look forward to more of his suggestions for our style!

Carla said...

C'mon Steph, what's the hold up with the love post? I owe you a babysitting session still so just drop Grant and Elyse (heck even super cool Christian) off over here and get to it. No really though, you know what's funny? The other day after I picked the monsters up from your house, we saw Christian walking home and James was bummed for like an hour that he didn't get to hang out with him when he got home.