I have been missing in action the past several weeks - my Women's Business Conference is over for another year (I've been with the Conference since September 2001) and the week or two before it I ask myself over and over again - Why am I doing this - to myself, to my family, and overall? It is stressful: always trying to get things done in a crunch and having to balance the temperaments of 25 professional women, while being the party planner for over a 1,000 women who expect a wonderful day of learning, networking, and rejuvenation. However, I love being involved in this amazing Conference and look forward to our 20th Conference next April! Now it's back to concentrating on my munchkins! Thanks Brandon, Christian, Elyse, and Grant for putting up with a mom who was glued to her computer, phone, or pay pal all day for the past few weeks.
Anyhow - during my absence from the blogging world I have had a few things cross my mind:
1. When will the 'Go Green' campaign STOP?
2. Where does the time go?
3. Why didn't I know about the Target Check Card before now?
4. Why are women so competitive with one another?
My thoughts on the above issues ;)
1. Go Green Campaign - stop the insanity. I am all for doing our part to preserve our natural resources, but I am fed up with all of the ads and pro Eco Friendly crap. It has gotten so bad that Christian is timing us on how long the water is on, insisting that I turn the engine off if I am idling longer than 30 seconds, and trying to guilt us into walking everywhere. Have you seen the Wal Mart ads that advertise the glorious and wonderful perks of recycling - please, do I have to listen to Wal Mart profess the pleasure you can receive by recycling? Don't worry, I am doing my part, I turn off lights when not in use, use resuable bags at Costco. Trader Joes, I have stopped consuming water from a packaged water bottle, BUT I don't need movie stars and BIG business telling me what to do.
2. 24 hours in a day - we all have the same time given to us in a day, but where does your time go? They talk about food diaries, maybe I should try a task diary?? I am usually a good organizer and planner, but if you have time saving tips or ways to accomplish more in your day - pass them along.
3. The Target Check Card - how many of you knew that Target offered a Check Card? It is directly linked to your checking account and still gives you perks, without the high rate credit card. I guess they introduced it a few months ago, but I only heard about it on Saturday and was ALL OVER it! The reason why I applied for it is so I can earn points for Christian's school. Get one - who doesn't want a red card in your wallet with a big bulls eye - I know it will put a smile on my face!
4. Women and our Competitive Nature - We are all part of one big sorority or sisterhood, why do we try to out do or one up each other? Don't worry, I am not painting a picture of a group of smiling women, skipping down the street hand in hand, but rather a picture of a community, where we lend a hand when needed, give support and advice when asked, and accomplish wonderful things for ourselves and our families! We don't need to work against each other, but with each other. We are women and women need to stand strong together. We are beautiful, extraordinary, talented, and special - let us unite! I want to start an open forum where we can SHARE all of our favorite recipes, our best household tips, and top priority beauty secrets.
Enough already - - my goal as of now is to capture more moments and blog more often. Thanks for stopping by.
ps - I can't wait to see Baby Mama - looks cute and quirky. However, I am so glad I didn't have to go through 9 months of putting up with this surrogate. My little miracle came about in a crazy but amazing way and he's about to celebrate his 1st birthday!!
4 comments:
With the hustle & bustle of the final weeks of the business conference, I've wondered why you still do it. But if you enjoy it, go for it!
You're asking us how to get more done in the day?
Who doesn't ejoy life in the mode of fast and crazy. You are an amazing girl and I lvoe you and your fam. Aunt Linda
Hi Stephanie! Your chidren are beautiful as well. I miss all of the East side people. It's like a different town over here. We had a funeral for my Grandma at Greenlawn Cemetary on Friday and it had been SO long since I'd been on the East side. Familiar for John though as he drives over there every day. We should hang out sometime. I'm adding you to my list if that's ok.
Amen with the "go green" it's so trendy and getting so old.
Post a Comment