A few weeks ago Christian embarked on his yearly trek to crack a mystery of the Science World for the Thorner Science Fair. In the past he has done fingerprints - "Who Stole Mom's Dr. Pepper?" The Science of Skateboarding - "How to perform the Perfect Ollie" The dynamics of Ice - "How to Best Chill Mom's Dr. Pepper" - He takes real life Holladay Family dilemmas and applies them to his Science Fair Project. Therefore this year - he saw that Grant had issues during the night from leaking in his diaper - EVERYNIGHT! His title - The Tinkler: Keeping Baby Dry. Brandon and I came up with some clever titles, but Christian didn't think they were appropriate. We had to buy special overnight diaper inserts, so Christian thought he would test diapers. We asked our friends with babies to give us 2-3 diapers of different brands in the same size. We had more than 6 brands and Christian's hypothesis was that the most expensive brand Pampers or Huggies would do the best. In the controlled experiment you wouldn't believe the results! Wal-Mart's, Parent's Choice brand faired the best - it held over 12 oz. of liquid, Pampers came in 2nd with 11 oz - we let them sit for a few days and they held up pretty well. So, when I ran out of Pampers I thought I should try the Wal-Mart brand (remember the trip to Wal Mart for some craft resources for school events and the cutest skirt?) I started using them yesterday. I had fresh linens on Grant's bed and was hopeful of the results. To my disappointment- Parent's Choice FAILED the overnight Grant test. I changed the sheets before his morning nap and thought he'd have better results with a 2 hour nap - WRONG! He had leaked again and I am now donating the diapers! I will go back to Pampers!
I recall Jocelyn telling me a few years ago that all she wanted for her birthday were new toilet seats - isn't it sad what us as mother's wish for at times. However, I found myself wanting new toilet seats for the past few months. On Saturday we ventured to Lowe's and bought 2 new seats - I was super excited to see a new product that had 2 toilet seats in one - for little bums - PERFECT! I had seen something on TV about this and just had to have - although Grant is no where near potty training (however, Elyse is teaching her doll, Lucy, all about it and expecting great results) I thought we'd better get it. My handyman husband installed them Saturday afternoon and it's great. I just need to make sure if an adult goes to use the bathroom, they know it lifts up for bigger bums.
I am so pleased with the beautiful weather we are having and for the most part the time change. We have enjoyed walks the past few days and it has been SO NICE!
5 comments:
What about these toilet seats? Two-in-one? You should have posted a picture- maybe that will be the solution for Emma conquering potty training. She is so failing.
I smiled at all your diapers- I go by huggies. But who knows- I am just hoping I don't have 3 in diapers in the next 3 months or so.
I bet Christian takes the gold medal or whatever this year for that title :)
We are not taking walks yet here- I wish spring to come quickly...
oh how i LOVE the time change! it's so awesome coming out of class/work and still having day light to explore san diego in!
-- i called your house tonight and spoke with Christian for a few minutes about soccer, school and the family. Then i talked with Elyse forever about nothing, and yet about everything! I love my niece, Elyse!
She always responds "I don't know!" whenever I ask her something.
We believe in Huggies. Have you tried a bigger size diaper for Grant? One of my SIL's told me that when a baby leaks it's time for the next size. I don't know about that, though. Good luck!
My sisters friend swears by the walmart brand. I swear by Huggies. Ive also heard of people putting on night time diapers which are a size bigger and then during the day wear normal size.
Ha! Keri did that science experiment back in the day and she got a full tuition scholarship. Go Christian!!
Post a Comment