Happy St. Patty's Day to all! Did you know that within 100 years Red Heads will be extinct? Interesting tid bit from the Today Show. Now if I could have red hair like Julianne Moore - then I would, I wonder how well red hair covers the gray? That might be an option.
Spring Break has begun and I wish I was at Leo Carrillo or Refugio enjoying the sand between my toes. Instead, I am enjoying Bakersfield and the beautiful green rolling hills (at least for the next few weeks).
I had to share this additional photo with you of Grant - he is too cute for words! Not an hour goes by that I don't give thanks for him in our lives. He is ALL OVER and loves the fact that he can walk and carry toys, bottles, food, or full bags of easter candy wherever his travels take him. He attended his 1st hockey game this weekend and loved it - the best part for him was climbing on the metal fence right where the players enter and exit.
Last night we watched August Rush with my family - LOVED IT! Of course when the movie was over I was sitting there thinking 'so, what happens next?' I need to know the 'Rest of the Story' as Paul Harvey refers to it. Otherwise, I am left to create my own ending and it's not always a pretty picture. Ask Brandon, I can look at someone and make up a story. Really though - I hate when a movie ends and you are left wondering where they moved, what their wedding looked like, etc. etc. Great soundtrack by the way!
Our dad returned home from his 1st of 2 Guys Weekends - he had a great time watching baseball, eating lots of red meat, and taking in I am Legend on IMAX. He'll be home this weekend for Easter and then gone again to watch basebell in Arizona. He bought me a special treat while he was gone - the Soundtrack to 'She's Having a Baby' - I love that cd, but haven't been able to find it - my friend Jenn burned me a copy from her 1980's cd, but it's poor quality. Little did I know that Brandon had been on the hunt for nearly 10 years and this weekend he hit pay dirt - thanks Lovey!
12 comments:
On Sunday Elyse invited James over and Christian agreed to give both she and James a soccer lesson... he also agreed to give Cody Rasmussen lessons. And I want to squeeze Grant's cheeks!
I've always wanted Scully red hair. And you knew I would be jealous about the sountrack... it must have cost a million dollars! I'm going to have to "borrow" it from you!
Hey! We watched August Rush LAST night too...I didn't make it all the way through, but I'm going to finish it up today.
I'll pass on to my mom that her hair gene is going extitinct- she had a dream once that I would have a red-head baby. She says there are only 3 redheads in every hundred. She thinks she's special :) (she is)
Glad your decade long search has amounted to an old soundtrack- the little things we love huh? Like Grant- :)
That is so fun that Brandon remembered and has been searching for that soundtrack. What a great husband. Grant is an angel- with a little devil in him. He (like Sam) is so into exploring and then he ends up innocently getting into some messy situations. We love him anyways. I hope we can find a time to come and visit!!
Grant is so stinkin’ cute, I can’t believe he’s so grown up! And as a side note…I got a complaint from you to put you on my “peeps” list and there’s no mention of me on your “friends” list. Just thought I’d point out that we’ve been friends for over 20 years…does that mean nothing to you?! You know I love you! :)
Your kidos are just adorable. I love the huge smile on Grant's face. I still have a hard time believing that little fanny is a mommy. And a mighty fine mommy at that. Love your blog. Keep up the great work.
I just have to say that baby boy of yours is ADORABLE!!!
We loved August Rush and think that it is definitely purchase worthy. I cant believe Grant is walking already!
This is Brandon:
she's having a baby is one of the first movies that we watched together and Stephanie is a sucker for any 80's music. Parts of the movie ring true to us - some a little more so than others. If you have seen the movie you will know.
It is true I have been searching for that soundtrack to give to Stephanie for almost our entire marriage. I have looked through used bins, checked websites to see if they were going to re-release the cd, etc.
Finally, found it on the man trip - so lets no disparage man trips too much. I still think of my wife while hanging out with the guys.
This is Brandon:
she's having a baby is one of the first movies that we watched together and Stephanie is a sucker for any 80's music. Parts of the movie ring true to us - some a little more so than others. If you have seen the movie you will know.
It is true I have been searching for that soundtrack to give to Stephanie for almost our entire marriage. I have looked through used bins, checked websites to see if they were going to re-release the cd, etc.
Finally, found it on the man trip - so lets no disparage man trips too much. I still think of my wife while hanging out with the guys.
grant's too cute!
Hey, ask Christian if he really believed me the other night about James McGyver?! I really think he did. haha, I would have... i'm always game for another soccer tournament!
Ok im ready for something new...
Post a Comment