1. Elyse turned 4 a few weeks ago and it feels like there is a teenager in the house. What am I going to do when she is a full fledged teen? Her favorite saying these days is "Trust Me. . ."
Her older brother puts up with a lot from her, but he still managed to write her a sweet poem for her b-day and he gave her $4 of his own. Last year he wrote a poem/song for her and it was HILARIOUS. This year it was cute - let me share it with you, enjoy!
2. I was reading one my superfluous magazines & I ran across this questionnaire that I thought was hilarious. Maybe I should take the quiz and start interviewing potential 'new mommy friends' Is this for real? I hope the author wasn't being serious?? Check the quiz out and let me know if I would make the cut and move to the next level of your mommy friends or to just continue casually playdating? I scored 4 A's and 3 C's - with one write in. Don't judge :)
3. I found a yummy new treat at Sonic - caramel apples, they are a sweet little treat (that probably have 20+ grams of fat, but oh well!) Another thing I have tried to enjoy is Diet Dr. Pepper - not quite there, but I am trying 3/4 Diet and 1/4 Regular.
4. Why is it that dad's can go on 'Guy Retreats' and there's no special planning that has to happen, no chaos or juggling the schedule? Dad leaves and the family runs as usual, but take mom out of the equation and the moon and stars have to align, not to mention that mom hopes the house is still standing upon return? Brandon has 2 long weekends planned in March and I just hope and dream for a weekend with the girlfriends???? Not to say that he's not an EXCELLENT dad - he can handle it all, but there's something different about the situation.
5. So excited about my date with Elyse & Christian to visit Disneyland this week - YEAH! Thanks Aunt Katy for watching Grant so we can party! I am taking Elyse because that's one of the things she wanted for her birthday; Disneyland with her mom (& she wanted to invite a friend because Christian did for his b-day in December. I tried to explain to her that rather than have a party for his 8th b-day, he chose to take his friend Raja to Disneyland. So - she decided she would invite her friend/big brother Christian, she can be sweet at times!) Note - I am taking 66% of the kids on this 1 day excursion & dad will only have Grant for a total of 3-4 waking hours :)

6 comments:
I can't view the random friends thing any bigger. But Christian's poem was super cute! I hope you guys have a TON of fun at Disneyland!
Yes, yes, yes! Why does removing the mom from the equation take more effort than removing the dad? Hey! I want in on your girls weekend. SERIOUS... why not?
Love the poem Christian. Happy B-day Brandon - what did you guys do to celebrate?!? Have fun at Disneyland. We love you.
christian...once again, you've outdone yourself. i sent your poem to zach and he thought it was great! and steph...you can take as many girls weekends or you and brandon weekends as you'd like once i'm home for the summer. less than 3 months!
Make sure you invite me, too. Aaron is making plans for his annual guys trip. And of course our lives will go on as usual while he is gone. But it's a whole different story when I leave town.
Love the poem. And since we're already BFF, I'm not taking the quiz. We've been at the next level for, like, 28 years.
i hope Brandon doesn't read this blog...
Post a Comment