12.08.2007

Family - the Blessing and Reason for the Season

As if December isn't crazy and overbooked enough with parties, decorations, Christmas programs, and egg nog - this Christmas season is shaping up to be a gratefully busy one for our family.

As many of you know, we brought Grant into our home the first week of June. Since then we have hired an attorney who has been helping us through the adoption process. We have been filing out paperwork, answering questions about our past and our relationship, getting a back ground check and had a home inspection by the State of California. Finally, we received a letter stating that we have been approved to complete the adoption.

We will be going to court on December 18th to have the adoption finalized by the Court. We are so excited. After the adoption is final, we will be going to the Los Angeles temple on December 28th to be sealed to Grant. Christian and Elyse will be able to be in attendance, as well as most of our immediate family. Finally, before the end of the New Year, Christian and his cousin, Alexis, will be baptized here in Bakersfield.

This Christmas will be a busy and exciting one for all our family. With all these exciting events - it is only serves as a reminder of the reason for the season - family.

11 comments:

Carla said...

CONGRATULATIONS guys!!! I'm SO very happy for you!!! So, when is Christian's baptism?

Amy Coontz said...

Yeah!!!!

Monica said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about all these wonderful happenings. Words cannot explain the happiness I feel for your family. It has reminded me how much Heavenly Father loves each of us and just waits to bless us with our greatest desires!! Righteous ones that is!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

We're so excited that we will be there to enjoy such important events!!

Papa Randy said...

What a fantastic Christmas present for the whole Nichols Clan, We are so happy for you. Great things happen to those who wait. As said by the first Presidency's Christmas message, our children are the greatest source of our happiness. What a miracle and a great blessing to make this Christmas so very memorable for us all. From our clan to yours “Happy holidays to ya'll”.

lacey said...

I so so wish I could be there for every occasion. Especially the temple sealing. How sweet that you will be surrounded by people you love and who love you too- don't forget I love you all too. Even if I am not there!

Carla said...

Today was the day! I'm sad that I couldn't mkae it :( But I'm SO HAPPY for you guys!!!

Thirstin' for Thurstons said...

Im so sad i wasnt able to come to the temple with you guys,but im so happy for you! Love you all

Carla said...

I just noticed how I spelled "make" on my last comment...ughh. Anyway, I got your adorable after Christmas card today!!! And I got your message. Miss Amanda's appointment is tomorrow so I will call you when I find out the details.

Laci said...

So loved your card and hearing all about your amazing year! LOVE your blog too!!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Your family is just beautiful!

Can you send me an email so I have your email address to add you to my blog readers?

Thanks!