These past few weeks, as my blog’s password and sign in have sat empty, I have felt the pangs of guilt of not giving an update in more than a month. These pains have only been worse since I have been tagged by Jaime Urmston and won a gift box from Lacey. Tick, tock, tick, tock . . . . I feel like Captain Hook hearing the faint clock of the crocodile.
Upon further reflection, I have been trying to determine whether the blog has become the suburban mom’s latest version of Creative Memories and Scrapbooking (no offense to those domestics who have sat in front a bowl of peanut M&M’s and debated whether they should just use the corner maker or go next level and pull out the big gun of creative corner cropping and brandish the scallop corner cutter – don’t laugh, if you are reading this blog, I know you have sworn to marry the inventor of archival double sided sticky tape if only an introduction was possible and live out your days in adhesive bliss. ) Now, instead of risking paper cuts, we risk our eyes and vision as we spend countless hours loading pictures, videos, and listening to music so we can have proper theme/mood music for your blog. Finally, in the dark places we don't mention, you then think how you can make your blog cuter than [insert name here].
[Gossip Alert] Have you seen __________________’s blog – that purple and pink – what were they thinking? Just like they should only use pre-printed phrases in their scrapbook – their handwriting looks like a left handed six grade boy’s penmanship who has been drinking too many Red Bulls at lunch. [Gossip Alert End]
To make things a little worse, I have caught myself staring at my blog page and start conjuring up a torrid tale of broken fingers, blisters, and general digit discomfort that will satisfy and keep friends and family in check while they check your little section of cyberspace for an update. With the blog what have I gotten myself into . . . .
"God save thee, ancient Mariner! From the fiends, that plague thee thus! -- Why look'st thou so?" -- With my cross-bow I shot the ALBATROSS.
I apologize to anyone that has checked my blog and have been only greeted by anything other than a story about an iphone . . . this digital wonder instead of making my life more convenient has hung the blog around my neck like an albatross. Nothing like being able to stuff into your purse a devices that can verify in four inch glory that the publishing house has not hired a ghost writer keep the world up with your little family. I would like to retract my statement about how wonderful my husband’s gift was because I have been reminded that my blog has sat as idle as a painted ship, upon a painted ocean. Thanks, Brandon and Steve Jobs . . . .
Never fear friends and family, I will be dusting off the electronic equivilent of the bows and ribbon edging shears and making a cyber comeback. Be on the lookout in the next days for a family update and a reply to Jaime’s tag. To keep you salivating, here is some possible highlights and possible subject matters to be highlighted and discussed:
Thanksgiving
Weekend in San Francisco
Adoption Approval from the State of California
Gift Box Drawing – So get your comments in so I know you are looking
Vomiting Kids and Carpet Cleaners – A Product Review
See you soon.
6 comments:
just have christian take over the blog.
Oh my gosh Stephanie I feel totally gipped after reading that! Especially after reading the little "look forward to..." section. I want to hear all about the vomit and adoption already!
I am so glad you are back.
Christian would have quite a fun spin, but I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with your engaging writing style, Steph! Looking forward to hearing about everything!
Wait, was that Stephanie or Brandon? Only lawyers talk about cross-bows and the ALBATROSS. Either way, I am happy to finally have something to read. And looking forward to the updates... whoever ends up writing them!
You are so funny. I never knew you were such a writer. WE all love you so much that is why we await your posts. By the way, some of us just stick with the simple blog... no music, no counters, clocks, polls, videos, etc. It makes life easier.
Post a Comment