7.12.2007

Consequences for Christian





OK - so I sing Christian's praises, but he is human and a male at that. Every so often he makes a mistake, or as he likes to state - "I didn't do it on purpose" Usually he likes to mess with his sister - racing with her and then side tackling her or encouraging her to do something that he knows she is going to hurt herself at. Other times it's just the normal daily things that he fails to do - make his bed, take out the trash, or put away his things. I can ask him over and over until I even get tired of my own voice - it's not even a harsh voice, but rather a pleading voice (some days I just give up and do it for him). I have decided the only consequence that will even phase him will be to take away his clothes. You see, clothes are 'it' for him, besides soccer that is. Most parents have to ground their children from TV or video games, or in the case of my friends with teenage children, their phones or texting privileges. Well with Christian, his style is everything, therefore clothes are being taken from him - his favorite shorts, flip flips, quiksilver button up shirts. He then has to earn them back and I have even warned him that if he is not careful I will go buy some Sponge Bob or Spider Man t-shirts and I will make him wear them as part of his punishment - that scared him straight. Anyhow - I have to give myself credit for thinking of this new way to get him to work. Now with Elyse this tactic wouldn't work, I would have to take away shoes, purses, or sunglasses to phase her, but right now I am concentrating on Christian. I can't wait to be the mother of a teenager!



Just a few of my favorite photos from the past of my metro boy (Kyle called him that today)

6 comments:

Carla said...

I love it! Especially the part about the Spongebob or Spiderman shirts. I can only imagine the anguish he'd feel at having to wear one!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Very impressive, Steph.

For those of you that don't know the story, a few weeks ago, Christian informed Rich that Jordan doesn't "dress very well." To appease Christian, we inquired as to where Jordan should buy his clothes, as his shirts, cargo shorts & flip flops were apparently not to his standard. With enough pestering, he finally conceded and suggested "Gap, Banana Republic, Tablets (...actually, Talbots - apparently Steph occasionally buys him things from the kids section), and Calvin Klein. Let's just say that Christian has style and we love him for it!!

Papa Randy said...

Oh my gosh. I was laughing my head off. But I have to agree. If someone was going to make me wear spongebob, I get up set too. You go boy. Maybe I shouod get some styling tips too.

Katy said...

aww little christian! I remember when he was that little. He grew up too fast.

Heidi and Rich said...

Christian - I'll never forget the first trip to the beach with you. We were only on our first day I believe (maybe I'm wrong) and he was so upset that his mom wouldn't let him switch to his Gap shirt. He was like 5!! I was shocked - what 5 year old boy cares about what shirt he is wearing. Usually they'd just rather have it off or wear the same dirty shirt over and over again. We love you anyways!!

lacey said...

I have never heard of a kid that was as clothing conscience... but I do believe it. His mama has some serious good taste:) It must be genetic.